This online Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering will encourage all food handlers to be aware of the hazards to food safety within their workplace and how they can be controlled and encourage good hygiene practice.
This online Level 2 Award in Food Safety course covers the following topics:
- Food Poisoning
- Prevention of Contamination
- Personal Hygiene
- Premises & Pest Control
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- The Law
The course content is available online, learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course. Learners work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities, quizzes & tests. The online course is fully animated with very high quality graphics/animation and it also has a full audio voice over.
Approximately 3 hours to complete the course online in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return. Sign up and start immediately.
Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace. No time limit for course completion.
Full tutor (food safety specialist) and IT support available during the course via e-mail.
No qualifications necessary.
All staff working in any type of catering such as hotels, restaurants, hospitals, care homes and schools. This course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings and satisfies legal requirements for training.
Testing is continuous throughout the learning. In the event that questions are answered incorrectly online, the course will take the learner back to the relevant section and then ask the questions again.
This course is certificated by OCN, although it can be purchased with or without the OCN certificate.
OCN Credit4Learning (OCNOTC) is a nationally recognised external awarding body and charity and is an Access Validating Agency (AVA) licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education. OCN Credit4Learning is regulated by the Qualification and Curriculum Authority (QCA) and credits awarded by them are accepted as a means of entry to further education and university education.
Suggested Progression on Completion
10% discount for 10 or more users purchased.For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.