This online Level 3 Food Safety course is ideal for Supervisors, Line Managers, Potential Managers and owners of small businesses who need an in-depth knowledge of food hygiene and safety.
Food safety describes the practices of managing food so that the food is highly unlikely to cause any harm to the end consumer. Safe food is food which is free from contaminants and will not cause illness or harm.
Food hygiene can be considered as the practical process of ensuring that food is fit to eat.
The public has a great interest in food safety and high expectations of those involved in the food business, but general confidence is sometimes shaken by food scares.
It is therefore important that food businesses have high standards of food hygiene.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Contamination (Food Safety Hazards, their Sources and Causes)
- Controlling Food Safety Hazards
- Food Safety Management
- Supervisory Management in the Food Environment
The format of the Level 3 Food Safety course is fully animated with high-quality graphics with audio voiceover to deliver an easy to follow creatively produced course material.
Approximately 18 hours to complete the online course in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return.
Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace. No time limit for course completion.
Full tutor (food safety specialist) and IT support available during the course via e-mail & discussion boards.
No qualifications necessary.
Testing is continuous throughout the learning. In the event that questions are answered incorrectly online, the course will take the learner back to the relevant section and then asks the question again.
Immediate downloadable certificate indicating successful completion of the course which can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
As the course is accredited by OCN and a certificate will be posted on successful completion of the course.
OCN Credit4Learning (OCNOTC) is a nationally recognised external awarding body and charity and is an Access Validating Agency (AVA) licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education. OCN Credit4Learning is regulated by the Qualification and Curriculum Authority (QCA) and credits awarded by them are accepted as a means of entry to further education and university education.
Suggested Progression on Completion
Level 4 Award in Food Safety
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.