The objectives for each study unit are that learners will be able to:
- understand the rights of people with learning disabilities
- describe how legislation and policies protect the rights of people they support
- explain why inclusion is very important for people with learning disabilities
- identify the basic principles of advocacy and empowerment
- understand how support for people with learning disabilities has changed over the years
- identify how past attitudes have had an impact on the support available today
- list the people involved in a person’s support network and what they do
- explain why stereotyping can be harmful
- understand the importance of learning to communicate well with each service user
- recognise some of the barriers to communication and suggest ways to overcome them
- define the term ‘learning disability’
- explain what the social and medical models of disability are
- identify sources of support and advice for carers
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.