Adobe Flash is required to be installed on the device used to run this course
The objectives for each study unit are that learners will be able to:
- understand the rights of people with learning disabilities
- describe how legislation and policies protect the rights of people they support
- explain why inclusion is very important for people with learning disabilities
- identify the basic principles of advocacy and empowerment
- understand how support for people with learning disabilities has changed over the years
- identify how past attitudes have had an impact on the support available today
- list the people involved in a person’s support network and what they do
- explain why stereotyping can be harmful
- understand the importance of learning to communicate well with each service user
- recognise some of the barriers to communication and suggest ways to overcome them
- define the term ‘learning disability’
- explain what the social and medical models of disability are
- identify sources of support and advice for carers
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.