The objectives for each study unit are that learners will be able to:
- list the main things that people with Down Syndrome want and need from their support networks
- identify the skills required to support someone with Down Syndrome effectively
- describe the impacts of Down Syndrome and the difficulties that can arise
- recognise when someone is a victim of hate crime and take appropriate steps to prevent it
- explain how support workers can make things easier for people with Down Syndrome
- differentiate between fact and fiction in relation to some preconceived ideas about people with Down Syndrome
- describe what a person-centred approach to support is
- explain what ‘circles of support’ are and how they can be used to assess a person’s needs
- list the purpose of time banks and identify how they can be beneficial to many people with Down Syndrome
- describe how best to help people with Down Syndrome to communicate effectively and make important decisions
- explain how person-centred planning can benefit people they support
- identify the purpose of health action plans
- suggest ways of helping people to integrate and succeed in finding work
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.