This course is intended for everyone who works with or has contact with children, young people and their families.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
This course will enable you to:
• Communicate effectively with children, young people and their parents or carers
• Understand the importance of remaining professional without being impersonal
• Learn how to operate within professional boundaries
• Learn how to manage professional boundaries
• Learn about the barriers to effective communication
• Learn about what is meant my effective communication
• Learn the importance of listening first
• Learn the importance of listening carefully
• Understand the importance of being prepared
• Learn about active listening
• Learn about the importance of watching yourself
• Learn about reflective listening
• Learn about the types of questions that can be asked
This course contains the following three modules:
• Appropriate Relationships
• How to Communicate Well
• Communicating with Parents and Young Carers
Upon successful completion of the three modules you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date and CPD hours.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.