There are specific learning objectives for each unit. Amongst other outcomes, students will be able to:
- Describe the four principal types of child abuse and identify their signs and symptoms
- Identify the underlying factors which increase the likelihood of abuse
- List the three principle Acts providing the legal framework for child protection.
- Explain the benefits of the standardized approach of the CAF
- Explain why information sharing is important and where it fits with integrated Working processes
- Deal appropriately with disclosure by a child
- Advise a child what to do in potential risk situations
- Give reasons for the difficulties in obtaining information from children
- Identify the particular vulnerability of children with additional needs
- Define ‘alerting’ and describe the role of the alerter
- Record and report on cases of abuse or concerns about abuse
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.