This course is intended for everyone who works with or has contact with adults at risk of abuse and / or neglect.
This includes the following groups of people who have a duty of care for adults:
• Those in regular or in intensive but irregular contact with adults at risk
• Those who work predominantly with adults at risk
• Those who have particular specialist adult safeguarding responsibilities
• Professional advisers and designated leads for adult safeguarding
• Operational managers of services for adult safeguarding
• Senior managers responsible for the strategic management of services for adult safeguarding
• Members of Local Safeguarding Adults Boards
This course will enable you to:
• Know the legal duties to safeguard adults
• Understand what is meant by adult safeguarding
• Learn the importance of avoiding risk averse practice
• Learn the aims of adult safeguarding
• Know the six principles of safeguarding
• Learn about ‘person-centred’ and ‘outcomes-focused’ safeguarding practice
• Know what is meant by abuse
• Learn who is at risk of abuse
• Know why a person might abuse another
• Learn when abuse is more likely to happen
• Learn about the patterns of abuse
• Know the different types of abuse and neglect
• Explain the features of each type of abuse
• Understand the importance of balancing safeguarding with empowerment
• Learn what you should do if you suspect abuse or neglect
• Know how to respond to a disclosure
• Know what to say to an adult at risk
• Learn what to do in an emergency
• Understand the importance of good record keeping
• Learn what Mental Capacity means
• Understand the principles of the Mental Capacity Act
• Understand the implications of the Mental Capacity Act when supporting a vulnerable adult at risk
• Understand what is meant by ‘Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards’
This Safeguarding Adults course contains five modules:
• What is Adult Safeguarding?
• What is Abuse and Neglect?
• Recognising Abuse and Neglect
• How to Respond to Abuse and Neglect
• Safeguarding and Mental Capacity
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date and CPD hours.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.