This domestic violence and abuse online course has been designed to help you to understand the subject and to support people you are working with who have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence and/or abuse.
It will equip learners with the tools to be able to recognise abuse, instigate and work within recommended processes and to understand the legislative and organisational frameworks that relate to their working environment.
To provide the building blocks of knowledge which equip and underpin the working practices of all those involved in supporting people who have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence and/or abuse. Safeguarding is everyone’s business and all staff groups involved in safegarding must be able to recognise the signs of domestic abuse and know how to work effectively.
To gain a clear understanding of how to identify and report potential abuse and be able to recognise those that are at risk of domestic violence and abuse.
This course has been developed specifically for frontline support and housing staff to increase the practitioner’s skills and knowledge of the safeguarding processes relating to those experiencing domestic violence and/or abuse.
On completion of this CPD Certified Domestic Abuse online course you will:
- Be able to explain what domestic abuse is
- Understand the laws around domestic abuse
- Be able to explain how to refer to MARAC
- Know what other agencies work within domestic abuse and how to refer
- Know how to work with people who have experienced domestic abuse
- Know how to handle disclosures of abuse
This course is broken down into 7 units (including the knowledge check unit), with a total expected completion time of 115 minutes.
The course contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce the learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.