Moving and handling people is a demanding task. You need to understand how to minimise the risks of injury to yourself and the person you are moving. You also need to understand the ‘people factors’ involved in delivering excellent care.
This highly interactive e-learning course is suitable for anyone who needs to move people as part of their everyday role, perhaps in a care home or nursing environment.
Learners will be able to understand:
- the key terms and issues around moving and handling people
- what kinds of injuries can happen to themselves and the person they are moving
- their employer’s and their responsibilities to manage and avoid risks including risk assessment
- what they must report to line managers or health and safety representatives
- factors that need to be taken into account when moving people as opposed to objects: consent, communication, infection prevention and control, and changing requirements
- what causes injury
- how to use TILEO to dynamically assess and evaluate risks of injury to themselves and the person they are assisting
- the principles of ergonomic handling in a typical manual handling task including:
- the kind of equipment they might encounter
- their employer’s policies and procedures
There are no entry requirements
Course assessment and certification
On successful completion of the final assessment a downloadable certificate is immediately available from your Online Training Academy Dashboard