The course is externally certificated by OCN.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- State the importance of HACCP-based food safety management systems
- Explain the management and implementation of HACCP-based procedures
- Outline the development of the HACCP-based procedures
- Evaluate HACCP-based procedures
The following topics are covered:
- Background to HACCP and Food Safety Management
- Legal and Standards Requirements for HACCP Based Food Safety Management Systems
- Pre-requisite Programmes as Part of a Food Safety Management System
- Preparation Steps for the Design of HACCP Based Systems
- Codex Principle 1 – Conduct Hazard Analysis and Identify Control Measures
- Codex Principle 2 – Determine Critical Control Points (CCPs)
- Codex Principle 3 – Establish Critical Limits for CCPs
- Codex Principle 4 – Establish Monitoring Procedures for each CCP
- Codex Principle 5 – Establish Corrective Action Procedures for each CCP
- Codex Principle 6 – Establish Verification Procedures
- Codex Principle 7 – Establish Documentation and Record Keeping
- Implementation of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Maintenance of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
Full tutor (HACCP specialist) and IT support is available during the course via e-mail and discussion boards.
The course will take approximately 40 hours to complete in full. You can enrol at any time and learn at your own pace, there is no time limit for course completion.
Level 3 Award in Food Safety or relevant industry knowledge
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]