Knowledge of nutrition and health is of great importance, especially for anyone involved in providing food to both individuals and groups and recognising how to help promote healthy eating and encourage people to make the right food choice.
This online Healthier Foods course is suitable as an introduction to nutrition for individuals, or those catering commercially for groups of people and is an ideal introduction to further nutrition study.
People often choose foods unwisely, because modern civilization makes available such a bewilderingly wide range of different foodstuffs, some in their natural state, others ready prepared and often ready cooked.
Only with a sound knowledge of food values and of the human body’s needs can sensible choices be made.
This Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets online course covers the following topics;
- Introduction to nutrition and health
- Nutrients, their function and sources
- Factors affecting the nutrient content of foods
- Links between diet and health
- Food choices and nutritional needs of different groups
- Requirements when catering for the public
On completion of this online course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- Be confident in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- Have an increased knowledge of food and health issues
The course content is available online, learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course. Learners work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities, quizzes and tests. The online course is fully animated with very high quality graphics/animation and it also has a full audio voice over.
Approximately 3 hours to complete the course in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return.
Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace.
Full tutor (Nutrition Specialist) and IT support available if required during the course via e-mail.
No entry requirements necessary.
The course is for caterers, fitness trainers, community workers, food and health-related occupations and any individuals with a role in the promotion of health.
Testing is continuous throughout the learning by self assessment and multi-choice questions. In the event the questions are answered incorrectly, the course will take the learner back to the relevant section and ask the question again.
This course is certificated by the Online Training Academy and comes with an optional OCN awarding organisation certificate which is posted to you.
OCN Credit4Learning (OCNOTC) is a nationally recognised external awarding body and charity and is an Access Validating Agency (AVA) licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education. OCN Credit4Learning is regulated by the Qualification and Curriculum Authority (QCA) and credits awarded by them are accepted as a means of entry to further education and university education.
Suggested Progression on Completion
Level 3 Award in Nutrition & Healthy Eating
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.