- Introduction to Nutrition & Health
- Nutrients, their Function & Sources
- Factors Affecting the Nutrient Content of Foods
- Diet & Health
- Food Choices & Nutritional Needs of Different Groups
- Requirements When Catering for the Public
Course Structure: The course content is available online, learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course. Learners work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities, quizzes & tests. The online course is fully animated with very high quality graphics/animation and it also has a full audio voice over.
Duration: Approximately 3 hours to complete the course in full. Learn as much as you want in any session and return.
Time: Enrol at any time and learn at your own pace. No time limit for course completion.
Support: Full tutor (Nutrition Specialist) and IT support available if required during the course via e-mail.
Entry Requirements: No entry requirements necessary
Assessment: Testing is continuous throughout the learning by self assessment and multi-choice questions. In the event the questions are answered incorrectly, the course will take the learner back to the relevant section and ask the question again.
Certification: This course is certificated by the Online Training Academy and comes with an optional OCN awarding organisation certificate which is posted to you.
OCN Credit4Learning (OCNOTC) is a nationally recognised external awarding body and charity and is an Access Validating Agency (AVA) licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education. OCN Credit4Learning is regulated by the Qualification and Curriculum Authority (QCA) and credits awarded by them are accepted as a means of entry to further education and university education.
Suggested Progression on Completion: Level 3 Award in Nutrition & Healthy Eating
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.