Through this online course, you will be able to recognise that diet is dependent on factors such as age, gender, weight and wellbeing and thus, nutrition must be catered to these factors when it comes to specific occupations. Healthy eating is an essential part of our day-to-day lives, and greatly impacts our wellbeing and others’ health through our own choices in diet.
The course structure is specifically modular, enabling an individual to take part in the online learning in their own time, and to fit the course in with working shifts and hours.
During this online course on Nutrition and Healthy eating you will cover the following topics;
- Link between diet and health
- How the human body uses nutrients
- Macronutrients and carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Micronutrients – vitamins, minerals and fluids
- Physical activity and health
- Food labelling requirements
- Lifestyle, culture and media
- Buying and preparing healthy food
By the end of this SOFHT endorsed Nutrition and Healthy Eating online session on you will be able to:
- Identify the link between food and good health
- Identify the Department of Health’s healthy eating guidelines
- Identify the five different food groups illustrated in the Balance of Good Health
- Explain the meaning of the 5 a day message
- Describe the beneficial impacts of exercise on our health
- List food labelling requirements
The Society of Food Hygiene and Technology (SOFHT) is an independent consortium of food industry specialists set up to keep members advised of the current hygiene and technology issues through providing technical support, training and topical information, as well as a vital forum for networking and sharing best practice across the entire food chain.
Ideal for those who wish to develop and enhance their understanding of the principles of healthy eating. Suitable for staff working in care homes, schools, hospitals, prisons or alternatively for those who are interested in broadening their knowledge of diet and health.
Approximately 4 hours made up of 8 modules.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.