This course is aimed at:
• New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
• New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
• Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
• Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
• Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
In this course you will learn:
• Why you should wash your hands before preparing food
• What might make food unpalatable or dangerous to eat
• How to ensure that food is safe to eat
• The importance of food and hydration in maintaining health
• What makes a healthy diet
• What role fluids play in the body
• How to recognise when someone is not well nourished
• How to recognise when someone is dehydrated
• What to do in cases of severe dehydration
• The reasons why a person might be poorly nourished or hydrated
• How to encourage good hydration
• What you should do when supporting individuals to have access to fluids
• What you should do when supporting individuals to have access to food
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
This course contains six bite-sized modules that use practice-based scenarios, videos and engaging questions to bring the subject to life.
The six modules are:
• Describe the importance of food safety
• The importance of good nutrition and hydration
• Signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration
• Promoting adequate nutrition and hydration
• Support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their plan of care
• Support individuals to have access to food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care
Each module takes between five and ten minutes to complete; the modules that contain video clips take a little longer.
The knowledge element of standard 8 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.