At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- List common pathogenic microorganisms and explain why they are harmful
- Explain what HCAI means and why it is important
- Describe how the chain of infection serves to spread disease
- Identify key pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and explain how and when they are used
- Give key reasons why hands need to be decontaminated
- Deploy an effective hand-washing technique
- Describe how to break the chain of infection to prevent contamination
- Identify and comply with key components of infection control policy
- List their responsibilities as a member of staff
- Identify and separate different types of waste
- Explain the importance of handling waste safely
- Follow correct procedure when dealing with spillages and sharps
Price is per online user of this course, excluding VAT.
5% discount on purchases of 10 users or more. For purchases of 50 users or more please phone 0844 854 9218 to find out if larger discounts are available.