This Infection Control course demonstrates why wearing correct PPE such as aprons and gloves is so important as well as simple routines such as washing hands before and after preparing food and drink. This course also explains that by putting polices and procedures in place for Infection Control everyone is protected against infectious diseases. The course explains why providing guidelines for infection control and prevention is a legal requirement.
Identification activities also help learners to translate the material to their own situation.
Key Learning Points:
- What infection is, what causes it and the impact of infection
- The roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- The chain of infection and how to break it
- Workplace hot spots
- Personal and workplace hygiene
- Handwashing technique
- Explain employers and employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection
- Outline current legislation and regulatory body standards which are relevant to the prevention and control of infection
- Explain the potential impact of an outbreak of infection on the individual and the organisation
- Describe the correct sequence for hand washing, explain when and why hand washing should be carried out and describe the types of products that should be used for hand washing
- Describe correct procedures that relate to skincare
- Identify the differences between bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites and common illnesses caused by them
- Describe what is meant by “infection” and “colonisation”
- Explain the reasons for use of PPE
- Identify poor practices that may lead to the spread of infection
- Explain the conditions needed for the growth of micro-organisms
- Explain the ways an infective agent might enter the body
- Identify common sources of infection
- Explain how infective agents can be transmitted to a person
- Identify the key factors that will make it more likely that infection will occur
- Outline potential risks of infection within the workplace
- Describe local and organisational policies relevant to the prevention and control of infection
Approximately 22 minutes with a 5 minute post course test
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.