This online course is designed for anyone who works with children, young people and their families, including:
• Foster carers
• Social workers
• Care workers
In this course you will learn about:
• Hidden Harm
• The hidden harm stressors
• How the stressors are related
• The impact of domestic abuse on parenting and pregnancy
• Maternal domestic abuse
• The impact of mental ill-health
• Substance misuse
• The impact on infants and children
• Child exposure to hidden harm in homes
• Crisis theory and its impact on children
• Container-contained relationship theory and secure attachment and reflective functioning theories
• Eliciting key information safely
• Approaches to information gathering
• Structuring assessments and more
This course is split into eight modules:
• What is hidden harm
• Impact on parenting
• Impact on babies
• Impact on children
• Understanding the family
• Working with the parents
• Assessing risk to the child
• Helping the child
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.