Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to close more sales and develop a deeper understanding of their customers.
People who benefit from this course include business owners, account managers, salespeople and customer service professionals.
What will you gain from this course?
The biggest personal benefit is simple: more business. Using effective questioning and active listening you’ll also have the skills to:
- Plan your questioning strategy
- Position yourself as a person with a genuine interest in your customer’s business
- Develop in-depth conversations to discover and agree your customer’s needs
- Identify the key points your sales proposition has to address
- Unearth the real reasons behind customer objections
If you find it hard to manage objections, are not really sure you understand what your customers want, and closing can prove difficult, then Effective Questioning Techniques is for you!
What will your organisation gain from this course?
- Increased sales revenue from new and existing customers
- Improved customer relationships
- More sales opportunities
- Skilled and motivated people who will value the investment in them
- 6 interactive modules including the Effective Questioning Techniques sales simulation
- Certificate endorsed by the ISM
- A personal record, a summary of content and details of your input and answers to tasks and quizzes. These provide a great coaching aid once you have completed the course.
- Flexibility – you can pause and resume at times to suit you
Module 1 – Course Introduction
Find out what this course is all about.
Module 2 – The Need to Ask Questions
Why do we ask questions in the sales process?
Module 3 – Planning A Questioning Approach
Which are the areas where we should seek information?
Module 4 – Asking Questions
Using different types of question and how to ask them
Module 5 – Active Listening
How to improve your listening skills
Module 6 – Sales Simulation: Effective Questioning Techniques
Test your skills in a challenging sales simulation.
Once you have completed the course you will have the chance to practise your new skills in with the Effective Questioning Techniques sales simulation.
In this virtual environment, you will play a sales person working for a company that provides consultancy services, hardware and software to customers.
Working with one of your customers, you will have the opportunity to plan your questioning strategy, ask effective questions and actively listen to understand the needs and issues you must address to close this business opportunity.
In the simulation, your task is to ask questions and listen. You will face several situations in which you will test your learning by making decisions based on effective questions and active listening. As in reality, once made, your decisions cannot be changed.
You will see your progress as the story unfolds. When you have finished the simulation, a scorecard will provide you with:
- Your personal results in key skill areas
- Specific feedback on each decision you make. This feedback will help you plan how to implement newly learned questioning and listening techniques in your personal role
The simulation is a unique experience that ensures you will be ready to use your new skills with your own prospects and customers.
Discover how you can use four types of question to understand your customers’ needs and create solutions customers want to buy. Then add active listening and you will develop a skill that builds long term, trust based relationships. Effective questioning and active listening are skills you need to build a successful career in an account management or sales management role.
You can play B2B Appointment Setting using Google Chrome on a Windows platform or Safari if you are using an Apple Mac, tablet or mobile.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 85 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]