This Child Safeguarding online course provides the essential information as outlined in UK legislation, in addition to your moral duty for safeguarding children. The training makes clear both the employer’s and employee’s responsibility in addition to assisting with the practical application.
The module explains what safeguarding children actually means and identifies the four different forms of abuse that children can be subject to. It also demonstrates how child abuse can show itself and what you need to look out for when working with children and their families. The training addresses what you should do if you suspect abuse or have received information that may indicate child abuse, systematically guiding you through what steps should be taken to protect both the people you are working with and yourself.
By the end of this course you will have learned:
• How the law defines child safeguarding.
• Your moral and legal duty for safeguarding children.
• The legal background to child safeguarding.
• The four different forms of abuse that children can suffer.
• How abuse can show itself in children.
• What signs to look out for that may indicate a child is suffering abuse.
• What to do if you suspect abuse or it is reported to you.
• How to respond should you fear a child is in immediate danger.
• How to talk to a child about abuse.
• How to provide a safe environment for children.
• How to protect yourself against allegations of abuse.
• What information should be included in a child safeguarding policy.
• The importance of interacting positively with children.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.