This e-learning module provides the essential information as outlined in UK legislation, in addition to your moral duty for safeguarding children. The training makes clear both the employer’s and employee’s responsibility in addition to assisting with the practical application.
The module explains what safeguarding children actually means and identifies the four different forms of abuse that children can be subject to. It also demonstrates how child abuse can show itself and what you need to look out for when working with children and their families. The training addresses what you should do if you suspect abuse or have received information that may indicate child abuse, systematically guiding you through what steps should be taken to protect both the people you are working with and yourself.
By the end of this course you will have learned:
• How the law defines child safeguarding.
• Your moral and legal duty for safeguarding children.
• The legal background to child safeguarding.
• The four different forms of abuse that children can suffer.
• How abuse can show itself in children.
• What signs to look out for that may indicate a child is suffering abuse.
• What to do if you suspect abuse or it is reported to you.
• How to respond should you fear a child is in immediate danger.
• How to talk to a child about abuse.
• How to provide a safe environment for children.
• How to protect yourself against allegations of abuse.
• What information should be included in a child safeguarding policy.
• The importance of interacting positively with children.
10% discount for 10 users purchased and 15% discount for 20 users. For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]