Rates are based on those published by the European Central Bank. Please note that these rates are indicative and may differ from those used to calculate prices on our site. If purchasing in GBP, EUR or USD on our site the rates listed on the product pages will be what is used at checkout.
Safeguarding Children (Level 1) - Certified by CPD
Price is per online user of this course. EU applicable VAT is added.
This Introduction to Safeguarding Children (Level 1) course ‘bundle’ will help to ensure that all people working with or who have contact with children and young people are equipped to carry out their safeguarding responsibilities effectively.
• Learn the background and legal basis for safeguarding
• Understand the importance of serious case reviews
• Understand the origins and core functions of Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
• Know what is meant by safeguarding and child protection
• Learn the definition of child protection and child abuse
• Understand the concept of significant harm
• Learn the key principles of child protection
• Know what to do if child abuse is suspected
• Know who abuses children
• Learn the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
• Know the causes of abuse
• Learn how to recognise signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
• Know the effects of abuse on children
• Learn how to and how not to respond to concern that a child is at risk of harm
• Know what information to record
• Know what to do if you have concern
• Learn how to respond to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]
Please note that there may be similar courses available with immediate access elsewhere on our site.
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep up to date with what’s happening in the world of education, training and skills. Receive details of offers and newly launched courses, and tips on effective online and blended learning practise by signing up to our monthly newsletter. We guarantee not to sell or pass on your details and you can unsubscribe at any time.