This course is designed to equip practitioners with the knowledge to provide high quality support for children and young people with disabilities.
The Objectives for this course are:
- To understand more about disability.
- To recognise the social model of disability versus the medical model of disability.
- To understand more about multi-agency working.
- To understand more about discrimination against disabled children and young people.
- To understand more about diversity, equality and inclusion.
- To understand children’s needs and their special needs.
- To help understand your role when working with disabled children.
- To help manage challenging situations.
- To understand more about confidentiality.
- To understand more about good record keeping.
- To understand more about personal care and available equipment.
- To understand more about communication methods with disabled children and you people.
- To understand more about resources and legislation regarding disabilities.
- To understand more about risk assessment.
- To understand more about developing yourself.
- To appreciate the importance of safeguarding disabled children.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.