This online UK Employment Law Diploma course will provide you not only with a better understanding of your rights within the workplace, but it will also be invaluable if you employ staff. Anyone who employs one or more people to work for them must fulfil their duties under the law, and this course will provide you with an excellent overview of the points you need to consider. It will also be useful to those considering working as trade union representatives or thinking of a career in this field.
During this online diploma course on UK Employment Law you will learn;
- An overview of what is covered by employment law and how a working knowledge of legislation benefits all those in the workplace.
- How the law strives to ensure that employers recruit staff in a lawful manner in such a way that minimises discrimination and results in the best possible worker selection.
- How and when contracts of employment become legally binding, the different types of terms a contract may contain, how terms and conditions may be changed, and what happens when either party breaches a contract.
- How workers should be paid, how much they are entitled to receive under National Minimum Wage laws and how other benefits such as cars and childcare must be managed and taxed.
- How employers may legally discipline, dismiss and make redundant workers who fail to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner or whose skills are no longer required.
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace and the responsibilities of both employers and workers in upholding acceptable standards to minimise risk of injury and illness.
- Under what circumstances workers may take time off work when having or adopting a baby, and their entitlement when it comes to pay and general employment rights.
- How sick leave is dealt with in the workplace, under what circumstances a worker will receive Statutory Sick Pay (SPP), and the role of fit notes.
- The extent to which employers are legally entitled to monitor their workers, and the importance of close adherence to the Data Protection Act 2018 (including GDPR) in the handling and processing of personal data.
- How grievances and disputes ought to be handled in the workplace, from informal conversations through to conciliation processes and employment tribunals.
There are 10 modules within this online UK Employment Law Diploma;
- Module 1: What is Employment Law?
- Module 2: The Recruitment Process
- Module 3: Contracts of Employment
- Module 4: Wages and Benefits
- Module 5: Disciplinary Action, Dismissal and Redundancy
- Module 6: Health and Safety
- Module 7: Parental Rights
- Module 8: Sick Leave
- Module 9: Workplace Monitoring and Data Protection
- Module 10: Resolving Grievances and Disputes and Employment Tribunals
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about UK Employment Law is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
The course will take about 13 hours to complete, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- You can learn the material any place, any time, and at your own speed.
- All you need is an internet-enabled device.
- Content is presented as brief modules, making learning easy.
- Access to an online support system.
- A complete overview of the most common issues within UK employment law.
- Affordable cost.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.