This online course will give you valuable insight into the most common procedures used by those working in HR and payroll positions. The background provided by this course will enable you to progress in almost any small, medium or large business. You will gain knowledge not only of practical processes, but also how HR and businesses in general benefit from high-level strategic planning.
This online course will benefit those employed in HR and accounting departments, and also those looking to set up or expand their own business. Upon completion of this in-depth course, you will be able to rest assured that you are acting in accordance with UK legislation.
This HR and Payroll Diploma online course is a combination of two seperate courses;
- Level 2 Diploma in Human Resources
- Payroll Diploma
Level 2 Diploma in Human Resources
This course teaches you the purpose, value and nature of HR. You will then learn exactly how to get the best possible performance from employees at every stage of their journey from initial recruitment through to promotion and training. This course will allow you to develop all the skills you need to succeed, from interview techniques and welcoming new employees to understanding the nature and purpose of high-level strategic planning.
You will also learn how to deal with problems and grievances which may arise, including workplace bullying and disciplinary procedures. Legislation and best practice are emphasised throughout, for example in relation to the employee recruitment process and drawing up contracts of employment.
Contains 20 individual modules;
- Introduction to HR
- Practising HR
- The Interview
- New Employees
- Contracts, Documents and Procedures
- Human Capital Management
- HR Skills
- HR Toolkit
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Relationships
- Motivation and Commitment
- Performance Management, Evaluations and Feedback
- Training and Development
- Legal Considerations
- Career Development and Opportunities
- Benefits, Compensation, Leave, Overtime and Insurance
- Strategic Planning, Mission Statements and Optimal Staffing
- Dealing with Workplace Violence, Bullying and Conflict Resolution
This course begins with the most important information you need in order to appreciate the importance of payroll systems and how they work. You will learn the importance of keeping good records, adequate staff training and ensuring that your processes are in line with the requirements laid down by HMRC. When employees stop or start working for a company certain payroll procedures must be put into place, and this course explains exactly what you need to do in these situations.
You will learn the difference between gross and net pay, how to take into account various types of deductions, how to calculate national insurance contributions and many other essential procedures required in successful payroll management.
Contains 23 individual modules.
- Payroll Systems and Management
- Learning the Basics about Payroll Systems
- Understanding Payroll Systems in the UK
- How to Run an Efficient Payroll
- Employees Starting and Leaving the Business
- Dealing with HMRC in Relation to New Employees
- How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay
- Net Pay Resulting from Voluntary and Statutory Deductions
- Understanding Statutory Sick Pay
- The National Minimum Wages for Different Types of Work
- Understanding the National Insurance Contributions System (NIC)
- Whem Employees Pay Less National Insurance Contributions (NIC)
- Understanding the PAYE System
- Dealing wih the Onlne PAYE System for Employers
- The Employment Allowance
- Employment Termination Payments
- Understanding the Retirement Scheme
- Working Effectively wit the RTI Computerised Payroll System
- Payroll Computer Software/Programs
- How to Correct Payroll Errors
- Maintaining Employee Records
- Annual Reporting and Other Tasks Connected with Payroll
- A Summary of the Legal Obligations Associated with Payroll Systems
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about Human Resources and Payroll is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
If you are looking to advance your career in either HR or payroll, this combined course is an excellent choice as it will give you an excellent foundation in both areas. This will make you an attractive prospect to employers, or give you the confidence to hire and manage your own employees.
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
We estimate that the course will take about 30 hours to complete.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.