This Self-Harm Awareness online course has been accredited the Badge of Excellence by Open Awards. It aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to identify where a child or young person may be at risk of self-harm and how to support the young person with substitute and recovery strategies.
During this course you will learn to;
- explain what self-harm is
- understand why children and young people (CYP) might resort to self harming and the problems associated with it
- identify some of the signs that could indicate a CYP is self-harming
- identify different forms of self-harm
- identify groups that are vulnerable to self-harming
- describe/demonstrate how to talk to a CYP who is self-harming using a sensitive and understanding approach
- identify appropriate support to a CYP who is self-harming
- list possible substitutions and recovery strategies that CYP can try
- advise how you can raise the issue with a CYP you suspect is self-harming
- emphasise the need to follow the children’s home Self Harm Policy regarding reporting and recording.
Practitioners in the looked after children’s sector.
20 – 30 minutes
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.