The Scottish Award for Licensed Premises Staff (SALPS) e-learning course meets the requirements of The Licensing (Scotland) Regulations 2007, which states that every person who is involved in the making of alcohol sales must receive ‘relevant training’. This e-learning course covers the topics and matters specified in the regulation and meets the required 2 hours’ duration time.
Upon completion, the learner and an existing Personal Licence Holder must both sign the training record certificate and retain a copy.
On completion of this course you will know about:
- Outline the five licensing objectives
- Define ‘alcohol’ in relation to the Licensing Scotland Act (2005)
- Explain what constitutes an unlicensed sale and the penalties of this
- Describe the functions and powers of Licensing Standards Officers
- List the information which must be present in an Operating Plan
- Outline ‘licensed hours’ in relation to licensed premises, including offences in relation to outwith license hours
- Outline offences under the act with relation to the sale of alcohol to children
- Identify potential underage purchasers and recognise acceptable proof of age
- Utilise good service practice to establish a safe and well managed premises
- Use effective communication to request proof of age
- Recognise and deal effectively with potential conflict situations
- Calculate the units of alcohol in a drink using the ABV
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.