At least 1 person in 100 could suffer a serious allergic reaction to a food, and around 10 people die every year from food allergies. An allergic reaction occurs when the body’s immune system reacts in response to the presence of a substance that is wrongly perceived as a threat. During this Allergen Awareness online course you will understand the importance of allergen management and control in the workplace.
This Allergen Awareness training course covers the following topics:
- What is a Food Allergy and the Symptons
- The Foods Classified as Allergens
- Risk Assessment and Control of Allergens in Food Processing
- Testing for the Presence of Allergens
- End of course Multi-Choice Test
Successful completion of the course will allow learners to:
- Implement allergen controls in the workplace to prevent the risk of unintentional allergen cross contamination
The course content is available online, and incorporates graphics; animation and voice-over to create a rich interactive learning environment that helps maintain the learners’ interest throughout the course. Learners are supplied with a unique username and password to access the course, and are able to work through the learning material at their own pace and speed, completing the online activities.
It should take you around 1 – 2 hours to complete the course and exam. The course is divided into 4 short modules; followed by a 10 question multiple-choce exam, for which the pass mark is 70%.
Tutor and IT Support is available by phone or email if necessary.
You will have access to a Course Glossary which contains an explanation of some of the terms used in the course. There are a number of activities to complete during the course and you will be directed to each task at the appropriate time.
Course Entry Requirements
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]elearningmarketplace.co.uk.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.