This course is aimed at:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone who works with vulnerable adults and this course explains what is meant by the terms used, how to recognise abuse, how to reduce the risk of abuse, and what to do if you suspect abuse or if abuse is disclosed to you.
On completion of this course you will have knowledge of:
- What is meant by ‘Safeguarding Adults’
- The definition of a vulnerable adult
- How to prevent unintentional abuse
- The main types of abuse and identifying the signs
- The definition of harm
- What restrictive practices are
- Where abuse takes place
- The purpose of serious case reviews
- How treating individuals with respect can reduce the risk of abuse
- Where to find out more about adult safeguarding
- The importance of person centred care
- How to help people keep themselves safe
- Safeguarding Adults Boards
- Why safeguarding policies and procedures are relevant to you
- How to manage risk
- The importance of clear complaints procedures
- What to do if you suspect abuse and understanding whistleblowing
- How to support an individual who reports abuse
- Legislation relating to abuse of adults
- Whether and when you can share confidential information
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name and completion date.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.