The primary goal of occupational health and safety is to create a safe work environment which in turn translates to several benefits including greater productivity, increased staff retention and even business success.
There are several strategies that can be implemented toward the achievement of these goals, including:
- Establishing safe premises;
- The use of appropriate equipment and materials;
- Establishment of safe systems of work; and
- Information, instruction and training.
This online course will help you with all of the above and more. Even though this qualification won’t make you an expert, you will have a solid foundation to further your current career. Think of it as a spring board to the next phase of your working career.
Many professionals take the course to enhance their health and safety know-how. Others take the course as an investment for their professional career. Still, others complete the course because it has been set as a requirement by their employers.
The course equips students with the knowledge and skills that allow them to perform their work better and even allow them to shape health and safety policies at work and in the community. Apart from theoretical knowledge, students develop practical skills that are applicable to a diverse set of work environments.
Successfully completing this course entitles the student to become an Associate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health or IOSH. The National General Certificate is also recognised as an academic requirement to becoming a Technical Member of IOSH.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is separated into the 2 Units. Unit NG1 and NG2. Once you finish the course and feel you are ready for the exams, we’ll help and support you along the way. We’ll ensure you are not alone during this process as we know it can be a bit stressful. Don’t worry! We’ll walk you through the process.
The NG1 is an OPEN BOOK EXAM that you take in the comfort of your own home. The NG2 is the practical part of the exam process. The practical (NG2) is a workplace risk assessment and management report. Don’t worry though…..we don’t come to look over your shoulder nor does NEBOSH. What we will do though is give you guidance and support prior to your NG2 submission to ensure you are confident and ready. The extra guidance is part of what we do and is included in the price you pay for the course! For further information about the exam visit the NEBOSH website here.
Exam fees are paid when you book your exam and are not part of the course costs. Exam fees are £175.
As other NEBOSH qualifications, the National General Certificate exams are assessed and marked by NEBOSH examiners. Once you have completed your exam papers, all the exams are then sealed and sent back to NEBOSH for rigorous marking and checking to ensure maximum accuracy and consistency.
68 taught hours and 40 self-study hours
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.