Within this module, participants will learn to:
- List and understand the basic principles of the Act and why we need them
- Identify how people make decisions and the decisions that they need to make
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to assess/judge if someone has the capacity to make a particular decision
- Show that they understand how to make a ‘best interests’ decision for someone who lacks capacity
- Apply the above to their place of work
- List the other key features of the Act
- Identify where they may need to adapt the way that they document assessments and decisions made on behalf of service users
- Welcome and Learning objectives
- Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Understand and Assessing Capacity
- Roles and Responsibilities
- You and Your Organisation
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Approximately 2 – 3 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
This course is aimed at care sector workers, particularly those working with vulnerable adults.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
“Very interesting and more complex than I thought. Now much better equipped when presented with situations.” – CR
“Easy to use and can do sections at my own pace.” – PC
“The way that you can come out of the learning and return at another time and pick up where you left it is extremely good.” – DW
10 to 49 users – 10% discount
50 to 99 users – 20% discount
100 to 249 users – 33% discount
250 to 499 users – 50% discount
500 to 999 users – 60% discount
1000 to 1999 users – 75% discount
2000+ users – 80% discount
To find out about discounts on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.