This course is aimed at:
People who are involved in looking after medication for anyone outside of a healthcare setting, including:
• Carers in domiciliary settings
• Carers in care homes
• Managers of care providers
• Family members who want to understand more about safe handling of medication
In this course you will learn:
• The principles of safe and appropriate handling of medicines set out by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
• The importance of record-keeping
• Prescription requests
• Medication for people who lack capacity
• Medication storage
• The disposal of medicines
• Administering medication, including supporting self-administration
• The use of monitored dosage systems
• Privacy and confidentiality
• Reporting errors
• Transfers to other settings
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
This course is split into two modules:
• Medication Awareness
• Safe Handling of Medicines
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.