The lectures in this online course cover not only psychological, technological and productivity issues, but also the social factors that can make remote work a challenge.
After completing this course, you’ll have a better understanding of how to situate yourself in your immediate section of your organisation. You’ll know how to spot time-wasting redundancies in your information flow and when it’s time to rethink how you do, what you do.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or don’t have a framework to help you understand why remote work can seem so discordant, we’ll unravels some of the most important mysteries that many new remote workers or managers of remote workers overlook.
We’ll tackle common productivity myths and help you understand how information is processed and organised. We’ll draw links between your inner mental world and the work environment. Demonstrating how you can improve one by improving the other. You’ll learn some good fundamental ways to take care of the most important needs you have mentally and physically, so that you can expand your information handling capacity and reduce the impact of stress.
By the end of this course you’ll be more confident, exert more control over your personal information flow and more effectively deal with everything coming your way. You’ll also be better equipped to deal with the drastic changes on the horizon, as the future of work continues to leave the traditional office, organisation and career behind.
Through a series of short video-based lectures, you will learn:
- Why is office work the way it is? The fundamental differences between face-to-face and remote work
- How much your brain can handle before overloading
- How taking control of your workspace can boost your mental performance
- How to analyse your workflow and personal bandwidth
- How to craft more efficient ways of doing things
- How to get colleagues and management on board
- How to use ergonomic principles to boost your productivity
- How to use technology to reduce your cognitive load
While it can benefit remote workers at all levels and in all roles, this course is especially suited to:
- Employees who suddenly have to work from home without adequate preparation
- Remote team managers who need to understand the cognitive and technical challenges remote workers face
- Freelancers who need to be more productive while working remotely
- Hybrid remote workers who have to switch between remote and local work
- Entrepreneurs who want to build an effective remote or virtual organisation
- Any remote worker suffering from burnout or falling productivity
- Remote workers who are struggling with the technological aspect of remote work and how it fits into their new environment
Approximately 40 minutes
5* “Great course! Gives you the facts regarding many things involved when working remotely. Things to consider and how to calm the mind so you can achieve higher performance, no matter where you are. Common sense ideas too! There are many more ideas to consider when you take this course. Such as how to stay healthy working remotely.”
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.