This online course aims to introduce you to the topic of managing continence in Health and Social Care. It aims to provide the learner with the knowledge and skills needed to support individuals to manage continence. It covers the factors affecting continence, the management of continence and the use of continence equipment. It is aimed at any staff groups, including unpaid and voluntary staff, whose role involves supporting individuals with their continence promotion.
This CPD Certified Managing Continence online course will enable you to learn;
- To understand the factors that affect continence
- To understand the common causes of incontinence and the effect that problems of continence can have on an individual
- Outline how to support an individual to manage their own continence
- To understand the ways that lifestyle can affect continence
- Understand the different types of continence equipment
- Identify risks when managing continence and outline how to manage continence in a safe way
- To gain a greater understanding of the regulations relevant to managing continence
Approximatly 2 hours and 20 minutes
Course Structure and Functionality
This course has been designed in a non-linear and modular fashion which means you may complete the units in any order you wish.
You progress will be tracked so don’t worry if you have to dip in and out. There will be a knowledge check at the end which will become available once you have completed all of the prescribed units.
The course also contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce their learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.