This online course is designed to guide you through your study. Study is broken into learning modules that have exercises and tasks to consolidate learning. Progress is tracked in the personal history file. The e-learning course provides you with an opportunity to apply your knowledge to IOSH style assessment questions to refine understanding and prepare for the end of course assessment.
Each element includes:
- Active time management – Tracks and records study time within the materials, exercises and assessments. Coupled with the study schedule helps students manage their time and achieve their targets.
- Learning outcomes – An overview of the element and what is expected to be learnt.
- Learning resources – Core study materials, videos, sources of reference and associated legislation.
- Learning exercises – Multiple choice and written exercises to test knowledge and understanding, backed up by suggested answers.
- Confirmation of understanding tasks – Additional exercises to help confirm understanding and reinforce the knowledge gained
Three new types of interactive learning exercises:
- Drag and drop – Interactive exercises involve completion of definitions, images and sorting items into their correct categories.
- Risk assessment – Requires you to review a completed risk assessment and answer questions based on the ‘5 steps approach’ to risk assessment.
- Workplace inspection – Requires you to review an image of a workplace, identify the hazards or good working practices and recommend suitable controls.
Dynamic features to aid study:
- Study schedule – 13 Week study plan that includes step by step instructions, an interactive time table and examination preparation.
- Personal history – Tracks all exercises and study time broken down by element.
- Student notes – Create and print notes with full formatting options.
- Relevant statutory provisions
Resources and support:
- Fully supported by an introduction, help, FAQ, technical and tutor support messaging system.
- Mock multiple choice question papers are available to practice before taking the final assessment.
- Final assessments – online multiple choice question paper and a workplace assessment, which is submitted by email, allowing your assessments to be taken anywhere in the world.
Discounts are available for the purchase of multiple licences, please phone 0844 854 9218 for details.