Electricity can kill. There are approximately 1,000 accidents each year at work involving electric shock or burns that are reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Of these there are 20 deaths from electric shock or burns at work and most of these accidents could be avoided by careful planning of work and following simple precautions. This is why electrical safety is so important. This course is designed to give you an awareness of the safe use of electricity at work and will outline basic measures to reduce the risks of injury.
This online course has been created to allow the learner to demonstrate understanding of electrical safety and the knowledge of how to apply this information in the work environment, these include:
- An understanding of the basic principles and measures of electricity
- The Electricity at Work regulations and how they apply to you
- What are electrical hazards
- How electricity harms the body
- Understanding simple first aid precautions
- A knowledge of fire and explosion risks
- General office and workplace safety tips
- Understanding plug, socket and cable safety
- PAT testing and maintenance
The electrical safety training course is designed for employees with little or no knowledge of electrical safety, so is ideal for induction and refresher training.
For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.