In this infection prevention and control training, you will explore the role handwashing plays and how the correct and safe use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and cleaning equipment is essential.
This infection prevention online course is composed of four chapters covering different aspects of controlling and preventing infection. These four chapters will cover the following topics;
- Hand Hygiene – including from the NHS the 5 moments of hand hygiene at the point of care
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bodily Fluids
- Cleaning Equipment
- Handling of Sharps
- Disposal of Waste
By the end of this course you will have learned about:
- Hand hygiene and how to correctly wash your hands
- When to use soap and water or alcohol gel
- Identifying the PPE available and when to use it
- How to apply and remove PPE, including the safe removal of gloves
- Dealing with bodily fluids
- Dealing with sharps
- Colour coding of equipment
For larger purchases, site licences or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.