This HR Basics Diploma is a combined course which includes the following individiual courses;
Costs and Causes Of Employee Turnover Certificate
This course provides an overview of the different types of turnover, how HR professionals can measure turnover and the relationship between turnover and a business recruitment strategy.
You will learn the factors underlying turnover and how HR departments can minimise it by putting into place by fine-tuning their recruitment procedures. You will also discover how an organisation’s culture impacts employee turnover rate.
Disability Awareness Certification
People with disabilities often encounter prejudice and discrimination in the workplace, despite the fact that many have experience and qualifications that would benefit many organisations.
In this course, you will learn the importance of creating a workplace that is welcoming to people with disabilities. You will learn how to ensure that they are given the right tools and opportunities to carry out their tasks at work.
Hiring For A Diverse Workforce Certificate
Hiring people from a range of backgrounds promotes innovation and can improve a company’s reputation as a welcoming, inclusive place to work.
You will begin by learning about diversity in practice and how businesses can tailor their recruitment processes in order to attract a more diverse workforce. You will also learn about the merits of putting into place a diversity policy and how to retain a diverse workforce.
HR: Creating An Employee Handbook Certificate
The purpose of an employee handbook is to provide workers with a comprehensive outline of their duties and responsibilities in the workplace.
This course will take you step-by-step through the process of drawing up an employee handbook. You will learn what kind of information you should include, who you should consult when creating it and why you may need to seek legal advice.
HR: Protecting Confidentiality Certificate
HR professionals have to handle and protect confidential information on a frequent basis. The consequences of a data breach can be disastrous; non-compliance with the law can result in prosecution.
You will learn about the UK data law that you must observe when handling sensitive information at work and how you can ensure that only those who need to access information can do so. You will learn about the role of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) in protecting your organisation and discover how to keep files safe.
HR: Working With Vendors Certificate
An organisation depends on its vendors for high-quality products that keep its operations running, so it’s crucial to understand how to find the right vendor.
This course will guide you through the practicalities associated with finding the best vendor for your needs, how to negotiate a contract that benefits all parties and how to deal with any disputes or concerns regarding invoices.
Human Capital Management Certificate
A disengaged workforce will soon put an organisation at a disadvantage in the marketplace. In this course, you will learn the relationship between HR and HCM, and how they support one another.
You will discover best HCM practices that apply across all industries and across all stages of the employee cycle. The course addresses the factors that motivate employees to reach their full potential, how to write and implement effective policies and how to lead a productive workforce.
Preventing Workplace Discrimination Certificate
Discrimination in the workplace is rife across all sectors. It has a serious effect on both individuals and organisations, resulting in stress, depression, high turnover and low public opinion.
This course provides an overview of the ways in which employers can change their working environment and procedures to create a workplace that is safe and welcoming for all. You will learn about the laws surrounding discrimination and what you should do if you witness an incident at work.
Retaining Your Best People Certificate
Businesses that retain their most talented employees are at a competitive advantage. Unfortunately, many organisations suffer high turnover rates, which can damage their profits and reputation.
This course outlines the reasons employees leave their roles and how an employer can keep them satisfied at work. It provides an overview of three key ways employers can promote engagement at work, thus improving staff retention rates.
Sexual Harassment Awareness Certificate
Approximately half of UK women have experienced sexual harassment at work. Men can also be victims. It is the responsibility of both an employer and their employees to ensure that harassment is dealt with swiftly.
This course outlines what sexual harassment is, along with its consequences. You will learn what the law says in relation to harassment and your rights and responsibilities when it comes to preventing it.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about Human Resources is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
- This bundle will be of interest to established HR professionals interested in refreshing their skills or furthering their knowledge of the latest legislation and best practice.
- If you are looking to start a career in HR, this bundle will give you a useful overview of key HR issues
- If you run a small business and do not have a designated HR department, this bundle will help you meet your obligations under the law and treat all employees in an equitable, professional manner
- The material in these courses will be of interest to those with a professional or personal interest in human capital management, equality, diversity and organisational psychology
- These courses might also be of interest to employees who wish to learn more about their rights and responsibilities at work
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the covered modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. The pass mark for the test is 70%.
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
We estimate that the course will take around 20 hours to complete.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.