The course is split into two modules – Causes and Effects and Safety and the Law.
- Why food safety training is important;
- their personal and legal responsibilities;
- understand food safety law;
- learn about the hazards of a kitchen
- Understand the different types of bacteria and how they spread;
- the impact of food borne illness;
- how food becomes contaminated;
- understand how to prevent cross contamination;
- how to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices, safe temperatures and storage;
- understand what HACCP is and how to use it;
- be able to identify food hygiene hazards;
- understand the best food handling practice;
- know how to apply food safety controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene;
- understand the importance of personal hygiene;
- uderstand what food poisoning is and how to prevent it.
On completion of this course you will understand:
- What a food allergy is
- How to identify an allergic reaction
- What foods are most likely to cause a reaction
- The dangers of hidden food allergens
- What food intolerance is
- The current regulation in regard to allergen information for pre-packed and unpackaged foods
- Some rules to implement in order to comply with these regulations
- Ways to avoid cross-contact
- How to prepare for, spot, and respond to anaphylaxis
- How to respond when you don’t know if a reaction is allergy or asthma
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.