This CPD Certified Food Allergy Awareness online course is split into two modules:
- Causes and Effects
- Safety and the Law
It covers the following topics:
- Why food safety training is important;
- their personal and legal responsibilities;
- understand food safety law;
- learn about the hazards of a kitchen
- Understand the different types of bacteria and how they spread;
- the impact of food borne illness;
- how food becomes contaminated;
- understand how to prevent cross contamination;
- how to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices, safe temperatures and storage;
- understand what HACCP is and how to use it;
- be able to identify food hygiene hazards;
- understand the best food handling practice;
- know how to apply food safety controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene;
- understand the importance of personal hygiene;
- uderstand what food poisoning is and how to prevent it.
On completion of this online food allergy course you will understand:
- What a food allergy is
- How to identify an allergic reaction
- What foods are most likely to cause a reaction
- The dangers of hidden food allergens
- What food intolerance is
- The current regulation in regard to allergen information for pre-packed and unpackaged foods
- Some rules to implement in order to comply with these regulations
- Ways to avoid cross-contact
- How to prepare for, spot, and respond to anaphylaxis
- How to respond when you don’t know if a reaction is allergy or asthma
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.