“When a fire starts to burn, there? A lesson you must learn. Something, something, then you’ll see, you’ll avoid catastrophe” So sang Homer Simpson – and it didn’t really work out for him without the intervention of all his friends. This fire safety awareness online course is designed to help you fill in those blanks, teaching you to recognise potential fire hazards in the workplace, and making sure that you clearly know what to do in a fire-related emergency. Basically, the only way you’re going to get burnt is on your jollies in Magaluf – ideal.
Ideally, everyone, but you’ll get the most use out of it if you’re earmarked to be a fire warden or designated to become a ‘responsible person’ by your management. Go you!
If there’s a fire, the lives of yourself and your colleagues are at stake. Not to mention the company you work for probably won’t operate at peak efficiency without a building, right? Best to learn some stuff and keep everyone safe, you utter hero.
By the end of this short online course on Fire Safety Awareness you will have covered the following topics;
- Essential steps to take upon discovering a fire in the workplace
- The elements of a safe evacuation
- Alarm systems and how they work
- Fire action notices and evacuation maps – what’s on them?
- Emergency exits and escape routes
- Assembly points
- Your workplace: Fire roles and responsibilities
- Regulatory information
- The fire triangle and examples of sources
- Smoke – the silent killer
- Fire-fighting equipment and how to use it
- Hazardous substances and how to reduce their risk in the workplace
- Fire hazards and how to spot them
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.