On completion of this Health and Safety online course you will:
- Understand your responsibilities and the responsibilities of others relating to health and safety in the workplace
- Identify legislation relating to general health and safety in a health or social care work setting
- Describe the main points of the health and safety policies and procedures agreed with the employer
- Outline the main health and safety responsibilites of;
- the employer or manager
- other in the work setting
- List taks relating to health and safety that should not be carried out without special training
- Explain how to access additional support and information relating to health and safety
- Describe different types of accidents and sudden illness that may occur
- Understand risk assessment
- Explain why it is important to assess the health and safety risks posed by particular work settings, situations or activities
- Describe how and when to report health and safety risks that they have identified
- Understand procedures of responding to accidents and sudden illness
- Understand medication and healthcare tasks
- Handle hazardous substances
- Promote fire safety
- Work securely
- Manage stress
This course is broken down into 5 units (including the knowledge check unit), with a total expected completion time of 75 minutes.
This Health and Safety online course is designed for those working in a health and social care setting.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
Skills for Care
This online course is from a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence for e-Learning. Skills for Care is the employer-led strategic body for workforce development in social care for adults in England. Their Centre of Excellence award is for ‘exemplary practice going above and beyond, constantly evolving to meet the needs of adult social care and being innovative in the delivery to ensure the needs of the learners are met’.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.