An organisation full of people effectively working with each other to deliver an organisation’s goals is highly desirable. And employees who can recognise when their emotions are taking over and can learn to control them are an asset.
In this course we start by demystifying Emotional Intelligence and show its importance in everyday interactions. We define EQ and why the learner should be interested in enhancing it. We then move on to concentrating on the learner’s self-awareness and introduce the internal aspects of EQ. Next, how to interpret the behaviours of others through using a more sophisticated EQ lens can help get to the bottom of what’s really happening. Then we will look to put it all into practise through two branching scenarios where learners interpret and influence the outcome of two interactive conversations.
EQ can benefit all learners because regardless of the role or position, it’s likely the person will work with, and therefore need people. The foundational concepts covered here can be developed throughout a person’s career.
Learners will be able to:
- Describe what EQ is and its relevance to them
- Explain practical skills for recognising and manage their emotions
- Work collaboratively and use their EQ to strengthen relationships
- Visualise how they would like to be perceived (and start to make it happen)
- Increase their awareness of others and their circumstances
- Begin honing their empathy skills
- Consider the importance of verbal and non-verbal clues
- Complete branching conversations by using their EQ
- Share with others EQ hints and tips and continue their development
There are no entry requirements.
Course assessment and certification
On successful completion of the final assessment a downloadable certificate is immediately available from your Online Training Academy Dashboard