From time to time many of us will face conversations which we anticipate will be difficult and which we may feel ill-equipped to handle. We may also occasionally be involved in amicable conversations that suddenly turn sour. Having the knowledge and confidence to deal with these situations can mean the difference between a relationship fortified and a relationship lost, or a sale made, and a sale lost. Those who have mastered the art of dealing with difficult conversations know very well that it is rarely an overnight phenomenon. It takes years of experience to hone. The stark reality is that dealing with difficult conversations is fraught with pitfalls almost guaranteed to unhinge the novice.
This course is designed to equip you with both the skillset and the confidence you need to successfully manage difficult conversations and ensure that both sides have the best chance of leaving the encounter feeling happy.
This course aims to be CONCISE and ACTIONABLE. It is jam packed with tips and tricks. You will learn how to:
- Understand the circumstances that lead to difficult conversations
- Learn ways of handling difficult conversations
- Understand how to use empathy to facilitate a conversation
- Ask open and supportive questions
- Focus on facts, not personalities
- Use tone and body language to great effect
- Handle challenges whilst remaining calm
- Learn how to reach agreement and close the conversation gracefully
Who is Alan Stevens?
Alan has been speaking professionally, on and off stage, for about 40 years. He has written a number of books on the subject, the most recent titled ‘The Exceptional Speaker’. He is the most decorated public speaker in the world, having won more awards than any other speaker. He has been the President of the Global Speakers Federation as well as President of the National Speakers Federation in the UK. During his career he has worked with thousands of people and blue chip companies to help them improve their presentation skills.
“Alan, most of the time it is hard to get honest replies from people about the content of my communication, and how I can become better at what I do. Thank you very much for your professional advice and help – I really appreciate it.”
– Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, The UK’s most successful Paralympic athlete
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.