The dog grooming diploma online is an information packed course that is broken down into easy to manage modules which you can study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. Each module focuses on different elements of dog grooming, providing you with the knowledge you need to make the animal comfortable, exceed at the job and achieve success moving forward.
The course is online, which enables you to study from anywhere at any time using any device. You get a lifetime access to your course modules, so you can revert back to them as and when needed with ease.
On completion of this Dog Grooming online course you will:
- Learn why pet grooming is important, what equipment you need and your personality when dealing with animals.
- Get to understand the history behind pet grooming.
- Understand the anatomy of dogs, basic health, parasites and maintaining health.
- The importance of a pre-grooming health assessment, why important and keeping client updated on their pets health.
- Learn about the various skin and health disorders, along with the best way to groom a dog.
- Get valuable information on starting your own pet grooming business from identifying if it is the right choice for you to creating a business plan and more.
- Learn how to train dogs to enjoy a bath, steps leading up to a bath and bathing a fearful dog.
- Know how to set up your grooming area, workstation requirements, tools you will need, lighting and airflow.
- Know why pre-grooming checks are important, when a dog should be referred to a vet rather than you bathing it and dealing with eat and eye infections.
- Learn the best way to bath a dog from the clothes you should be wearing to getting the dog in the bath.
- Learn the best way to dry a dog. Get an understanding on why shaking is so important, identify the best methods from air and towel drying to drying between the pads on the paws and more.
- Understand detailed grooming, such as nail clipping, eyes, ears, teeth and feet.
- Get a good understanding why you need to keep your workstation neat and tidy and why appearance is so important.
- Learn the various grooming emergencies from untangling knots to working with rescue dogs to emergencies and more.
- Know the law. Know what is expected of you as a business owner in the dog grooming industry from first aid to basic health and safety.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2 : History of Dog Grooming
Module 3 : Anatomy and Health, Parasites, Infections & Zoonotic Diseases in Dogs
Module 4 : Pre-grooming Health Assessment
Module 5 : Coat and Skin Disorders and How to Groom a Dog
Module 6 : Getting Started
Module 7 : Animal Training, Dealing with Difficult Dogs & Training for Grooming
Module 8 : Prepping the Work Area
Module 9 : Pre-bath Preparation
Module 10 : How to Bath a Dog
Module 11 : Drying a Dog
Module 12 : Detail Grooming (Clipping, Scissoring, Eyes, Ears, Teeth, Feet, Bottoms)
Module 13 : Cleaning Your Working Environment
Module 14 : Grooming Specialities
Module 15: Law in the Workplace, First Aid and Emergency Care
Once you have completed the course, you will be required to complete a multiple choice test. On successful completion you will be able to download and print your industry recognized certificate without delay. In the event you don’t pass the test the first time, you will be give a second chance to take the test, once you have had the time to go over the course notes.
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
For multiple purchases, site licences, e-learning credits or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].