This online Pet Psychology Diploma has been designed to provide you with a wealth of knowledge and information regarding animal behaviours and how to deal with them. This course will help you to push yourself forward in your chosen career with the ability to study at any time from anywhere using any device, as long as you have an internet connection.
This online training course enables you to study in your spare time at your own pace, while working a full time job. There is no need to take time off work and travel to a classroom; all the modules are easily accessed online for added convenience.
The pet psychology diploma has been broken down into manageable modules which should take no more than tweleve hours to complete; this is combined with online support to provide you with added confidence during your learning experience.
On completion of this online Pety Psychology course you will:
- Understand what animal psychology is and why you need to know more about it.
- Learn the historical background of pet psychology and how it can be used today.
- Identify why you should learn about animal behaviours.
- Identify animals’ different vision abilities.
- Learn about concept formation, what it is and how to use it.
- Compare the brains of humans to dogs and see what sets them apart.
- Learn more about the brains of cats and dogs.
- Understand the emotions exhibited by pets and how to handle them.
- Get a good understanding of conditioning, its history, what it is and past experiments.
- Identify spatial abilities in animals and also learn how they navigate.
- Learn more about pet communication.
- Get a good understanding of human language training in working with pets.
- Learn about animal training and its history.
- Know typical dog behaviours and how they change as the pet gets older. Identify with puppy behaviours and more.
- This module will also cover how dogs learn and what reinforcement is and why it is so important when it comes to dog training.
- Understand more about dog communication and dog aggression, fears and phobias.
- Identify with psychiatric dog behaviours and how to work with them.
- Learn about cat communications and actions.
- Learn the psychiatric challenges in cats.
- Learn about cat aggression and fears.
- Get an understanding of aggression and fears in rabbits.
- Learn more about gerbils and working with them.
This Pet Psychology Diploma is made up of 25 modules;
- Module 1: Introduction to Pet Psychology
- Module 2 : Why Learn About Animal Behaviour?
- Module 3 : How Animals See the World/Animal Vision
- Module 4 : Concept Formation
- Module 5 : About Animals’ Brains
- Module 6 : Basic Emotional and Motivational Processes and Social Emotions
- Module 7 : Conditioning
- Module 8 : Spatial Reasoning
- Module 9 : Language and Animals
- Module 10 : History of Animal Training
- Module 11 : Typical Dog Behaviour
- Module 12 : How Dogs Learn
- Module 13 : Understanding Dog Communication
- Module 14 : Learning about Dog Actions
- Module 15: Dog Fears, Phobias and Aggression
- Module 16: Training Dogs: More on How Dogs Learn
- Module 17: Biobehavioural Monitoring in Dogs
- Module 18: Understanding Typical Canine Psychiatric Behaviours
- Module 19: Learning About Cat Communication
- Module 20: What Feline Actions Mean
- Module 21: Feline Actions
- Module 22: Feline Psychiatric Challenges
- Module 23: Cat Anxiety, Fear and Aggression
- Module 24: Understanding Rabbits and Rabbit Psychology
- Module 25: Understanding Hamsters and Gerbils
The course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Once you have completed all 25 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test you will get further opportunities to take the test again. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more pet psychology is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
A CPD Certified Course
CPD certification means that the course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service. CPD accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Certification shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.