The pet nutrition diploma will provide you with valuable insight into ensuring your pet or your clients’ beloved pets are fed the right diet to meet their unique growth needs. The course is broken down into easy to study and manageable modules, which you can study online at your own pace and in your own time.
All the modules are easily accessible online using any device, which enables you to study from anywhere. On completion you will be required to complete a multiple choice test, which you must pass in order to receive your industry recognized certification. In the event you don’t pass the first time, you will be given a second chance to go over the modules and then complete the test again.
On successful completion you can download and print your certificate right there and then without delay.
On completion of this course you will:
- Learn about different food types, pet diets and how to read pet food labels to ensure that the pet is given the best nutrition at all times
- Understand the importance of nutrition for pets.
- Learn about the digestive system. Learn the difference between herbivores, omnivores and carnivores and what pets eat what.
- Identify how the right nutrition can help with disease prevention.
- Learn about the different feeding stages in animals and how diet varies from when they are puppies or kittens to when they are adults and what they need to eat as seniors or when pregnant or lactating.
- Know what is considered a healthy weight for a pet and learn about various weight issues the pet may experience throughout their life.
- Know the reasons why a pet may not be eating and why the pet may be overeating.
- Learn everything you need to know about pet food from where to buy it to the difference between cheap and expensive pet foods to how to change your pets diet and more.
- Know about snacks and treats for pets and what is acceptable and what is not.
- Learn what herbs you can use with pets.
- Know what foods should be avoided at all costs.
- Identify how essential oils can be important for pets and what essential oils can be used.
- Learn about the specific sources of nutrition from proteins to carbohydrates and more.
- Learn more about rabbit and guinea pig nutrition and about food that is best for hamsters, mice and rats.
- Learn more about basic fish food ingredients, along with the dietary differences in birds.
- The modules will also teach you about what reptiles eat and how to feed them along with why it is so important to keep a food diary.
For multiple purchases, site licences, e-learning credits or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].