This course covers the following outcomes:
- understand what diabetes is and the different types
- understand and recognise the sign and symptoms of diabetes
- understand what blood glucose monitoring is and how important this is to a person’s management of diabetes
- understand the terms and be able to identify the causes of hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia, recognise the signs and symptoms and how to prevent dangerous situations from occurring
- understand how different factors can affect diabetes and complicate the management of the condition
- recognise the types of diabetes medication and treatment available
- understand the importance of nutrition and weight management and how this can affect the person with diabetes
- understand the 15 Healthcare essentials for people with diabetes
- understanding of organisations who can assist with advice and management of diabetes
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.