This CPD Certified Diabetes Awareness online course will allow you to;
- understand what diabetes is and the different types
- understand and recognise the sign and symptoms of diabetes
- understand what blood glucose monitoring is and how important this is to a person’s management of diabetes
- understand the terms and be able to identify the causes of hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia, recognise the signs and symptoms and how to prevent dangerous situations from occurring
- understand how different factors can affect diabetes and complicate the management of the condition
- recognise the types of diabetes medication and treatment available
- understand the importance of nutrition and weight management and how this can affect the person with diabetes
- understand the 15 Healthcare essentials for people with diabetes
- understanding of organisations who can assist with advice and management of diabetes
This online course gives insight into the basic principles of diabetes when managing the care of someone with the condition.
It intends to assist people who support others with diabetes, in developing a deeper understanding of the condition, develop the skills to be able to recognise emergency situations and be able to react appropriately.
It aims to clarify some of the myths surrounding diabetes and inform learners about the resources that are available to people with diabetes and professionals who support them.
2 hours and 45 minutes
Those working in health and social care to help support them in their understanding of the subject of Diabetes
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
This online course contains the following content functionality to help the learner become immersed and to reinforce their learning:
- Drag and drop words – to complete sentences.
- Drag and drop reordering – reorder the following steps according to said policy.
- An assorted array of “custom pages” i.e. scene exploration and “gamified” scenarios.
In addition to this the side panel of the course contains information that is always at hand for the user:
- A help menu
- Notes – this is where the user can make notes during the course and can then download them
- Legal information
- A glossary
- Specific course information
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.