Abrasive wheels are wheels consisting of abrasive particles. They can be used for a wide variety of tasks, such as shaping, cutting, grinding, sanding and cleaning, and are used in many industries. But abrasive wheels are potentially dangerous tools.
If proper practices and control measures are not in place, they can cause serious injuries and ill-health. Estimates suggest that more than half of all accidents happen because the system of work is unsafe or users make mistakes.
This online Abrasive Wheels course describes the different hazards and risks associated with using abrasive wheels and how employees and employers can work together to implement and follow safety procedures and appropriate control measures.
These include ensuring that abrasive wheels are selected, handled, stored, examined and used properly, as well as complying with other requirements such as guarding and personal protective equipment (PPE). It also explains which type of incidents require reporting and why it is important to report them.
This course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels. The course can be used as an introduction to abrasive wheels prior to starting practical training. Or it can be used as a refresher course for those who have already completed thorough, practical training on the use of abrasive wheels. This course should not be used as a substitute for thorough, practical training.
This course is not suitable for those who are responsible for mounting abrasive wheels, as mounting wheels requires more in-depth training.
This training course on Abrasive Wheels covers the following:
- Outlines the hazards and risks of working with abrasive wheels
- Identifies the elements of an abrasive wheel, the wheel markings and the functions of flanges, bushes, nuts and blotters
- Describes how to store, handle, transport, inspect, assemble, mount, test and use abrasive wheels properly
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.