This online course is fully accredited by both IIRSM (The International Institute for Risk and Safety Management) and CPD, it covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Abrasive Wheels – who the course is for, what are abrasive wheels? Injuries and ill-health, legislation, employer and employee responsibilities and the hierarchy of control measures.
- Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
- Risk Reduction Part 1 – can the task be avoided, wheel speed, wheel handling and storage, wheel mounting, mechanical guards, safe working practices, inspections and checks and dressing abrasive wheels.
- Risk Reduction Part 2 – PPE, eye protection, harmful dusts, dust extraction and PPE, vibration, noise, sparks, portable grinders, cables, training and emergency procedures.
By the end of this CPD Certified Abrasive Wheels online course learners will be able to;
- Understand the legal and legislative aspects affecting abrasive wheel usage
- Define what we mean by different pieces of equipment
- Describe how abrasive wheels work and understand the associated risks
- Recall what can go wrong and why, including hazard identification and risk reduction
- Identify the properties of a wheel by looking at its markings
- Describe and recall the different types of abrasive wheels
This online course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work activities.
1 – 2 hours
IIRSM Approved Training
The IIRSM (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) is a risk charity providing practical education, training, advice, resources and networking to help people and organisations manage the challenges they face. IIRSM approved courses are confirmation that the training meets the quality standards expected of IIRSM’s Training Approval Scheme.
A CPD Certified Course
This online course has reached the required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards and benchmarks, and the learning values have been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality by the CPD Certification Service.
CPD helps individuals to focus on how they can become a more effective professional. It enables them to adapt positively to changes in work/industry requirements. CPD shows a clear commitment to self-development and professionalism.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.