Who is the training for?
- Prospective moderators with no previous experience who are interested in securing a moderation job.
- Existing online moderators who would like to validate their current skill set and enhance their knowledge base.
- Moderation agencies, social media agencies and corporate clients that require an industry standard qualification for their moderators.
Our bespoke online training platform has been developed with students’ needs in mind to optimise learning and aid engagement. The training focuses on the fundamentals of user-generated content moderation methods, to ensure that our qualified online moderators are fully acquainted with the risks associated with UGC and understand the appropriate action required.
Once you have successfully passed the training your name will be placed on our central Register of Trained Moderators (RTM) for 12 months. We will send you news and information on industry opportunities. The RTM, the first of it’s kind ensures employers can be confident that successfully trained moderators have met the required benchmark and are kept up-to-date with industry activities.
Endorsed and certified
Our training has been developed with guidance and endorsement from eModeration, one of the world’s most respected global social media management agencies. Founded in 2002 and staffed by over 300 trained professionals, eModeration provides multilingual community management and moderation in over 50 languages, as well as social media consultancy and social media crisis communication training. eModeration work with some of the world’s best-known brands and leading digital agencies, and is proud to be a member of the Internet Watch Foundation and the UK Council for Child Internet Safety.
It is with this expert experience and hands-on moderation knowledge that we are able to offer robust and carefully created training. eModeration has embraced this training as it sees its position within the moderation industry as a driving force for best practice and industry recognised standards. eModeration has contributed the expertise of its staff to ensure that the training is current and reflective of the issues facing moderators of online user-generated content today.
Five powerful modules
The training comprises five individual modules each focusing on a specific aspect of online moderation.
- Moderation: Comprehensive overview.
- Pre and Post Moderation: Two widely used moderation methods.
- Child Protection Online: Why moderation is the first line of defence in child protection.
- Escalation: Escalation levels, processes and examples.
- Moderator characteristics and moderation trends within social media.
At the end of each of the five modules there is an assessment ensuring that when passed, each student has attained the level required to move on. Students who do not pass the assessment, will be asked to go back over the module and try again. On the successful completion of all five module assessments, students will receive a fully endorsed certificate in Moderation Foundation Training and will be included for one year on the RTM, the Register of Trained Moderators.
The training programme includes:
- Video, fact and information-based content.
- Audio solutions.
- An integral moderation simulation tool, specially created by Moderation Gateway, to give our students a taste of how practical moderation is applied in the real world.
- A glossary, useful links, a note taking tool, a student’s forum and email communication with real tutors.
We also offer a service for corporate clients. If you would like to standardise training, or refresh the skills of your moderation team, then take advantage of our Corporate accounts service. The more students you enroll, the greater the discount, even on training rolled out over a period of time. For further information contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]
10% discount for between 5 and 10 users purchased, 15% discount for between 11 and 24 users purchased and 20% discount for 25 or more purchased.
Discounts are calculated during the checkout process.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected]