- Prospective content moderators with no previous experience who are interested in securing a moderation job.
- Existing online content moderators who would like to validate their current skill set and enhance their knowledge base.
- Moderation agencies, social media agencies and corporate clients that require an industry standard qualification for their moderators.
Our bespoke online training platform has been developed with students’ needs in mind to optimise learning and aid engagement. The training focuses on the fundamentals of user-generated content moderation methods, to ensure that our qualified online moderators are fully acquainted with the risks associated with UGC and understand the appropriate action required.
Once you have successfully passed the training your name will be placed on our central Register of Trained Moderators (RTM) for 12 months. We will send you news and information on industry opportunities. The RTM, the first of its kind ensures employers can be confident that successfully trained moderators have met the required benchmark and are kept up-to-date with industry activities.
Endorsed and certified
Our training has been developed with guidance and endorsement from The Social Element, one of the world’s most respected global social media management agencies. Founded in 2002 and staffed by over 300 trained professionals, The Social Element provides multilingual community management and moderation in over 50 languages, as well as social media consultancy and social media crisis communication training. The Social Element work with some of the world’s best-known brands and leading digital agencies, and is proud to be a member of the Internet Watch Foundation and the UK Council for Child Internet Safety.
It is with this expert experience and hands-on moderation knowledge that we are able to offer robust and carefully created training. The Social Element has embraced this training as it sees its position within the moderation industry as a driving force for best practice and industry recognised standards. The Social Element has contributed the expertise of its staff to ensure that the training is current and reflective of the issues facing moderators of online user-generated content today.
Five Powerful Modules
The training comprises five individual modules each focusing on a specific aspect of online moderation.
- Moderation: Comprehensive overview.
- Pre and Post Moderation: Two widely used moderation methods.
- Child Protection Online: Why moderation is the first line of defence in child protection.
- Escalation: Escalation levels, processes and examples.
- Moderator characteristics and moderation trends within social media.
At the end of each of the five modules there is an assessment ensuring that when passed, each student has attained the level required to move on. Students who do not pass the assessment, will be asked to go back over the module and try again. On the successful completion of all five module, students will receive a fully endorsed certificate in Content Moderation skills and their name entered on the Register of Trained Moderators.
Each module takes approximaely 90 mintues to complete. Completion times will vary student to student depending on experience and learning styles.
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email [email protected].
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.