Learners will discover what it means to feel or think about suicide and why someone might develop those thoughts and feelings. The module helps to dispel the misconceptions which often surround suicide. Learners will complete a scenario activity to help understand how to spot the signs of suicidal feelings and what they should say to someone they are supporting. The module then finishing with several downloadable infographics giving the learner ideas of how they might be able to support someone in the short and long term should the experience suicidal thoughts and feelings.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand why thoughts and feelings of suicide happen
- Acknowledge suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Recognise and respond to the signs of suicidal thinking
- Recall ways to support someone who has experienced suicidal feelings
- Support or refer someone who is feeling suicidal.
There are no entry requirements.
Course assessment and certification
On successful completion of the final assessment a downloadable certificate is immediately available from your Online Training Academy Dashboard