This course is intended for everyone who works with or has contact with vulnerable adults.
The course will enable you to:
• Learn about the people the Act concerns
• Know what is Mental Capacity
• Learn about the Code of Practice
• Know the five core principles of the Act
• Know when and how to assess capacity
• Know how to making decisions in a person’s best interests
• Learn about the importance of keeping good records
• Learn what can be done within the law
• Learn about restraint
• Learn about the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
• Learn about the Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Learn about resolving disputes
• Learn about the Court of Protection
• Learn about advance decisions
• Learn about Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs)
• Learn about the importance of research
• Learn about children and young people who lack capacity
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date and CPD hours.
For multiple purchase discounts or to find out if discounts are available on mixed course purchases please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.
The most straight forward method of payment is to select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.