Our eyes, skin, ears, nose and tongue send around 11,000,000 bits of information to our brain every second. Over 90% of that data comes from your eyes. Our brain can consciously manage less than 50 of those bits of information in a second which leaves our unconscious brain to deal with the rest. Fortunately, that can process around a hundred billion operations per second. To do that, it has to take shortcuts — like recognising patterns and making generalisations based on similar data from past experiences.
Hence our brain’s imperative to build implicit biases and stereotypes. In our early history, this mechanism made it possible to avoid being a predator’s lunch!
In a contemporary environment, understanding that we have implicit biases, identifying them if we can and challenging them is reduces the risk of discriminatory behaviour.
Avoid discrimination and support a culture of diversity in the workplace, everyone has unconscious biases that shape the way we interact with and relate to our colleagues and customers.
- Unconscious Bias for Managers addresses the way implicit bias can affect issues like recruitment, performance management, promotion and team dynamics.
The aim of this course is to help learners recognise when they might be acting or behaving on the basis of unconscious bias, provide them with ways to challenge those biases and counteract them.
This course uses thought-provoking and challenging activities to highlight the impact of bias; a range of video scenarios to bring the material to life and help learners relate it to their own workplace; and clear explanations and practical techniques to help learners identify, challenge and counteract their own biases.
- Find out what unconscious bias is and its impact on customers and colleagues
- Study a selection of common biases
- Explore a range of techniques to uncover biases
- Follow a systematic process for challenging bias
Payment Options and Discounts
For purchases of 1 to 9 user enrolments select the number of users you require and add the product to your shopping cart by selecting Add to Cart. You will then be able to make payment using most credit and debit cards or a Paypal account.
For a licence for 10 or more user enrolments, discounts, or if you would like to pay by BACs transfer or by invoice, please contact a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218 or email email@example.com.
Purchasing Options for your Organisation
We offer a variety of purchasing options giving you total flexibility in how you purchase online training for your organisation. Let us know your requirements and we’ll advise you on the most cost efficient method of purchasing:
- User Licence – a licence for a specified user on specified course/s. The user licence consists of a number of enrolments for a user to use on specified courses.
- Course Licence – a licence for specified course/s for any learner. The course licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on specified course/s for any learner;
- Bundle Licence – a licence for a specified bundle of courses. The bundle licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
- Subscription Licence – a licence for a maximum number of users to access any course in a specified bundle;
- Site Licence – a licence to install one course, or one or more bundles of courses on your own learning management system. The site licence consists of a number of enrolments to use on any course for any learner in the bundle;
For more information on purchasing options and discounts please phone a customer advisor on 0844 854 9218.